This year I turned 37.
Time flies when you're having fun! I still feel super young and youthful even though I've done what I feel is a lot in my life already. But I know the best years are still ahead of me and I'm so excited about what the future brings!
Six weeks ago I shifted career paths, decided to go back into the working world and accepted a job as a Recruiter with Creative Circle in San Francisco. The opportunity just felt so right as I have freelanced and worked in the creative industry since 2006. I've shifted through so many career paths and so many different jobs, roles, and experiences!
I'm really excited for this new career shift because I know I can really bring my experience and industry knowledge into the business of recruiting talent. I love helping and connecting people with each other and I've owned my business on and off and freelancing with small businesses on the side. I also really loved the short time I taught classes at the Academy of Art University of San Francisco between 2016-2017, where I mentored students in figuring out their career paths and helping them put together their resumes and portfolios.
I also turned 37. Whoa. I'm glad I've come this far, another year, another birthday, a new adventure.
I'm still creating art after work hours 😄Check out my graphic design resources on Creative Market
In my 37 years I've learned:
- To bite my tongue. (I have a really bad mouth sometimes, I can let shit fly off the rails)
- People who see their own shortcomings think that you will to, even though your experiences are completely different.
- The old stories we tell ourselves no longer matter in the present story of who we are now.
- I used to ignore lots of conflicts with friends and family in my 20s, now I’ve learned to face them as they come.
- Running away from your problems only makes them worse.
- To be accountable and hold integrity for my actions. I walk the talk.
- Listening is a super power.
- Grateful for all of the lessons I’ve learned along the way.
- Proud of the path that I followed even though it wasn’t what I expected, I learned so much along the way and discovered who I was.
- Taking action has always been my super power, that the only difference between where I am now and where I wanted to get to was by taking action.
- Life is short, there is no second life. Live it in the best possible way, I know what it’s like to have loss and to pick myself up and start over.
- The more you address your fears and old behaviors that are no longer working for you, the faster you accelerate and change. And the more you have breakthroughs.
- I am responsible for my own happiness.
Check out my new video on YouTube